ALYSSIA M. MILLER, PHD
Students' Opinions of Instruction
*All data is compiled from The University of Alabama's Office of Institutional Research and Assessment.
The above figure shows students' responses (n = 205) indicating Strongly Agree or Agree.
The above figure shows students' responses (n = 205) indicating Excellent or Above Average.
Students' Free Response Answers
*Students were asked to state any additional comments about the instructor. Note that all responses were given anonymously.
- Profesora Miller was amazing. If I had the opportunity to have her as a professor again, I would. She had the most respect for all of her students in the classroom. The most important aspect I saw was that she was very patient to her students and made sure clarity was most important whether it was grammar, vocabulary, and even speaking the language. She spoke with clarity in everything she did and gave us the opportunity to learn from our mistakes if we had any. The idea of corrections in school because it gives you a valuable opportunity to learn what you missed and I think all teachers should have tests/assignment corrections. She was thorough in her instruction and I felt like I learned a lot in Spanish 202. Thank you for being there when I needed you most and helping me strive for success. You were much more than an educator and respected your students. I hope I have Alyssia Miller again soon before I graduate from the University of Alabama. She was perfect for me as a Spanish teacher.
- Alyssia Miller was a wonderful professor. I am a freshman thrown into a higher level Spanish course, which is intimidating to a freshman at a new school. Alyssia made the class a friendly environment which made students want to learn. She always presented the course material in a way where everyone can understand it. The class became my favorite class to attend, and eager to continue in Spanish.
- Ms. Miller was quite possibly the best SP-101 teacher you could ask for. She did a very good job of explaining and demonstrating the correct use of Spanish. The activities in her class were engaging and actually helped you practice and learn how to speak/write correctly. Ms. Miller is always available to help you if you need it and she was always a nice person in class. There was not a day where I found myself not wanting to go to class because I actually enjoyed learning the material and the way it was presented.
- Miss Miller is a great communicator and makes the learning process very enjoyable. She always finds ways to keep the students interested in the material discussed in class. Lastly, Miller allows the students to have an active role within each class through group exercises and activities.
- She was an excellent communicator who obviously has a love for what she does. Probably one of the best Spanish teachers I have had so far at the university.
- Alyssia Miller is very accessible to her students and clear about the expectations she has for class. She goes above and beyond to engage her students and really make sure everyone gets as much out of the class as possible.
- Ms. Miller was a creative teacher who always came up with fun and exciting ways to present the material. This is the only hour and fifteen minute class I have taken that didn't seem to drown on forever.
- I wish Alyssia Miller would teach all my Spanish classes. She is understandable and can answer any question you throw at her. She makes Spanish class enjoyable.
- She is a teacher who uses her time effectively and knows how to have fun with a class but still maintain control.
- She was a great professor and I loved how she would tie her personal experiences and travel into our lectures.